The volume of payments made by Chinese consumers during the 2017 Lunar New Year holiday using their smartphones and China UnionPay’s contactless payment service “increased nearly 21-fold, year on year,” news agency Xinhua reports. “Password-free payment under 300 yuan (US$44) surged a whopping 165-fold compared to the same period last year,” it adds.
- Apple Pay set to go live in Czech Republic and Slovakia?
- ABN Amro rolls out wearable payments on rings, watches and bracelets
- Airlines leverage PSD2 to cut transaction fees
- California to ban paper receipts?
- NXP showcases the future of retail at CES 2019