The volume of payments made by Chinese consumers during the 2017 Lunar New Year holiday using their smartphones and China UnionPay’s contactless payment service “increased nearly 21-fold, year on year,” news agency Xinhua reports. “Password-free payment under 300 yuan (US$44) surged a whopping 165-fold compared to the same period last year,” it adds.
- Apple Pay about to go live in Brazil?
- Brazil to introduce multifunction driver’s licenses that can be read with an NFC phone
- Avis pilots mobile car rental keys
- Trimet to roll out world’s first integration of transit ticketing card with Android Pay
- Kroger grocery stores to accept Chase Pay mobile payments