Samsung Pay has begun rolling out across Thailand following its launch through an early access programme in October 2016. Supporting partners include Mastercard, Visa, KCC, Bangkok Bank, Citibank, KasikornBank, KTC and Siam Commercial Bank. “We hope Samsung Pay will play a big role in transforming Thailand in line with its national e-payment strategy,” says Samsung’s Wichai Pornpratang.
- ANZ lets customers use smartphones and smartwatches to withdraw cash from ATMs across Australia
- Ithmaar Bank to let Bahraini consumers withdraw cash from ATMs with just their fingerprint and a PIN
- LG to pilot blockchain carrier billing system for international mobile payments in stores
- Digital currency pioneer David Chaum launches high speed blockchain for payments
- Beijing to pilot face recognition payments at railway ticketing barriers