The total volume of mobile payment transactions in the US will reach US$282.9bn by 2021, Forrester estimates. “Mobile in-person payment will grow the fastest, increasing to 6.8 times its size between 2015 and 2021,” the research firm says. Mobile remote payments, including in-app, will grow 2.7 times its current size by 2021, while mobile P2P payments “will continue to have the smallest market share despite quadrupling during the next five years”.
- TD Ameritrade leverages Apple Pay to let share buyers use debit cards to instantly fund their brokerage accounts
- NFC Forum unveils technical specification that lets IoT devices use a single antenna for both NFC and wireless charging
- Russian supermarket chain rolls out open loop fingerprint payments service
- Blockchain mobile payments pilot to go live in Mongolia
- US credit unions to offer blockchain digital ID service