Customers of Dutch bank ING can now make a payment request and send money through Apple’s iMessage platform. The service will work through a separate mobile app so that customers can receive and send money without having to log into the ING Mobile Banking app. “This new functionality is available for customers with an Apple iPhone or iPad with iOS 10,” ING says.
- Thinfilm raises US$110m to support growth in NFC market
- Facebook Messenger adds PayPal P2P payments
- Mastercard to eliminate signature verification at the point of sale
- The Clearing House to secure real-time payments system with tokenization
- Visa makes it easier to integrate emerging authentication technologies