Customers of Dutch bank ING can now make a payment request and send money through Apple’s iMessage platform. The service will work through a separate mobile app so that customers can receive and send money without having to log into the ING Mobile Banking app. “This new functionality is available for customers with an Apple iPhone or iPad with iOS 10,” ING says.
- From the high street to the handset: How banks can stay connected to consumers in the smartphone era
- British Airways owner IAG launches mobile pay on new airline Level
- Heat become first NBA team with mobile-only entry
- What code is running on Apple’s Secure Enclave security chip? Now we have a decryption key…
- Digital payment platforms primed to topple cash