Amsterdam’s Schiphol Airport has begun a three-month trial of facial recognition technology at one of its boarding gates. Passengers register by having their faces, passports and boarding passes scanned, and then use a separate biometric gate to board their plane. Schiphol and Dutch airline KLM say the ultimate goal is “making the boarding process as easy and quick as possible for passengers”.
- Swedish banks roll out wearable payments on fashion watches
- Visa to acquire Rambus’ payments and ticketing business
- Apple Pay to go live in Greece, Portugal and Slovakia this week
- Apple Pay to add support for Octopus transit cards in Hong Kong
- EU offers issuers extra time to implement strong customer authentication