All 558,000 ration shops across India will be enabled to accept Aadhaar-based payments by June 30 this year, The Times of India reports, with all those in Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh and Rajasthan states already Aadhar-enabled. The government wants to bring all citizens under the biometrics-based ID system within the same timeframe, adding it will “not force it on people”, the report adds.
- Manhattan skyscraper secures fire safety system with tamper-evident NFC tags
- NFC mobile payments roll out in Saudi Arabia
- VTB switches on Huawei Pay at retail outlets across Russia
- P2P payments gain acceptance across all US age groups
- Malibu adds NFC tags to 300,000 bottles for ‘Because Summer’ campaign