All 558,000 ration shops across India will be enabled to accept Aadhaar-based payments by June 30 this year, The Times of India reports, with all those in Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh and Rajasthan states already Aadhar-enabled. The government wants to bring all citizens under the biometrics-based ID system within the same timeframe, adding it will “not force it on people”, the report adds.
- Shenzhen Metro tests face recognition payments
- Shanghai bus operator adds face recognition payments
- German savings banks to offer Apple Pay ‘this year’
- UK Finance reports 31% rise in contactless transactions
- Chipotle teams with Venmo to launch mobile rewards program