The PCI Security Standards Council (PCI) has issued guidance on the “proper use” of multi-factor authentication (MFA) for preventing unauthorised access to computers and systems that process payment transactions. The Multi-Factor Authentication Information Supplement will “help organisations using, evaluating or upgrading an MFA solution understand how to implement it properly and securely,” says PCI’s Troy Leach.
- Mastercard demos payments in augmented reality
- Pay with Google goes live on Android devices
- Apple Pay reaches 20 countries, representing 70% of the world’s card transaction volume
- Amex applies for personalized blockchain rewards patent
- Chase lets customers use their mobile phone to open a bank account