Indian mobile wallet Paytm “expects to lose 20-30%” of customers making offline payments using QR codes, OTP or mobile-to-mobile transfers when the Reserve Bank of India removes cash withdrawal limits on March 13, The Financial Express reports. “We [will] still have a larger offline than online category, and that’s where the business is for us,” says Paytm founder Vijay Shekhar Sharma.
- JCB expands Apple Pay support to Taiwan
- Apple Pay goes live in Poland with the support of eight banks
- EBA issues opinion on strong customer authentication requirements under PSD2
- Eurosmart reports rise in smartphones with embedded secure elements
- Mastercard unveils smart mirror that lets shoppers make payments in the fitting room