Apple’s iPhone 7S, 7S Plus and 8 will come with a 3D laser scanner for facial recognition later this year to replace the Touch ID fingerprint scanner, JPMorgan analyst Rod Hall has told MacRumors. He says the switch to facial recognition will “potentially be more secure than Touch ID, which could increase Apple Pay adoption among banks and merchants”.
- Auchan lets Italian supermarket shoppers scan and pay on their mobile phone
- Google Pay adds support for Mifare public transportation tickets
- Seven watch brands to embed Barclaycard’s bPay wearable payments in their devices
- UnionPay sets out its mobile payments rollout plans
- Google expands support for wearable payments to Canada, Spain, and Australia