Fashion retailers Ralph Lauren and Rebecca Minkoff are testing smart dressing-room mirrors that will soon allow shoppers to “wave their phones in front of the mirror and make a purchase using Apple Pay or Android Pay”, Bloomberg reports. The mirrors from Oak Labs read RFID tags on clothes and display complementary items, and allow customers to adjust the lighting and alert store assistants.
- JCB expands Apple Pay support to Taiwan
- Apple Pay goes live in Poland with the support of eight banks
- EBA issues opinion on strong customer authentication requirements under PSD2
- Eurosmart reports rise in smartphones with embedded secure elements
- Mastercard unveils smart mirror that lets shoppers make payments in the fitting room