Apple has acquired RealFace, an Israel-based facial recognition technology startup, in a deal estimated to be “several million dollars,” Israeli financial website Calcalist reports. RealFace uses deep learning to “detect a wide variety of elements in images and recognize faces of people with a fairly high degree of accuracy”.
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch
- Google Pay closes payments data sharing loophole
- Contactless collection boxes deliver five-fold increase in donations for London charity
- Google Pay goes live in Italy