ING Direct and Macquarie Bank are now rolling out support for Apple Pay in Australia, with 47 financial institutions now supporting the mobile payments service in the country. Four of Australia’s largest banks continue to delay offering support for Apple Pay and are pursuing their fight to gain access to the NFC technology within iPhone handsets.
- Dubai drivers use NFC phones to top up parking purses on contactless transit cards
- Researchers aim to print edible RFID tags directly on to food
- Government of Montserrat signs up for digital currency pilot
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia adds support for Samsung Pay
- Dejamobile to offer seamless banking and mobile payments enrolment via smartphone