A pilot test of a cryptocurrency based on blockchain technology has taken place in the canton of Ticino, Switzerland. The use of the paperless Ticinocoin is designed to promote the local economy, and will “save many administrative costs [while] every transaction would be transparent, safe and verifiable by all”, says founder Michele Fiscalini.
- NFC Forum unveils technical specification that lets IoT devices use a single antenna for both NFC and wireless charging
- Russian supermarket chain rolls out open loop fingerprint payments service
- Blockchain mobile payments pilot to go live in Mongolia
- US credit unions to offer blockchain digital ID service
- PenFed joins US move to contactless payment cards