Indian mobile wallet MobiKwik is to invest Rs 3bn (US$45m) to triple its user base and raise the total volume of transactions on its platform to $10bn in 2017, The Times of India reports. “MobiKwik said the investment will help it triple its user base to 150m and drive up annual gross merchandise value by year end from the current $2bn,” the report says.
- Ticketmaster to roll out NFC ticketing for iPhones and Apple Watches ‘later this year’
- Report highlights discrepancies between what technology users want and what they adopt
- Erste Bank adds NFC to its QR mobile payments app
- Alipay and WeChat Pay to support common QR code standard for Japan
- Mexico pilots national NFC and QR mobile payments system