Seven banks in Taiwan have been granted permission by the Financial Supervisory Commission (FSC) to support Apple Pay, Focus Taiwan reports. The banks include Taipei Fubon Commercial Bank, Cathay United Bank, E Sun Commercial Bank, Taishin International Bank, CTBC Bank, First Commercial Bank and Union Bank of Taiwan. The mobile payment service is expected to launch in Taiwan “soon”, according to a recent update on the company’s website.
- From the high street to the handset: How banks can stay connected to consumers in the smartphone era
- British Airways owner IAG launches mobile pay on new airline Level
- Heat become first NBA team with mobile-only entry
- What code is running on Apple’s Secure Enclave security chip? Now we have a decryption key…
- Digital payment platforms primed to topple cash