Seven banks in Taiwan have been granted permission by the Financial Supervisory Commission (FSC) to support Apple Pay, Focus Taiwan reports. The banks include Taipei Fubon Commercial Bank, Cathay United Bank, E Sun Commercial Bank, Taishin International Bank, CTBC Bank, First Commercial Bank and Union Bank of Taiwan. The mobile payment service is expected to launch in Taiwan “soon”, according to a recent update on the company’s website.
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service
- Charity to roll out contactless donation screens following successful three week pilot
- Google’s mobile payments app has now been installed 100m times
- JCB to pilot biometric payment cards in Japan