The Indian government has called on banks to provide mobile banking to all customers by the start of April 2017, The Indian Express reports. The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MEIT) has issued an advisory to banks to “enable mobile seeding, Aadhaar seeding of bank accounts, along with enablement of mobile banking for all its savings bank customers by 31 March 2017”.
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones