The Korea Communications Commission (KCC) is to run a pilot allowing consumers to authenticate themselves when making online purchases by tapping their credit card against an NFC smartphone, The Korea Herald reports. “The smartphones can read the personal information,” KCC says. “Credit card firms and credit appraisal firms share the information to prove whether the information is genuine.”
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?