The Korea Communications Commission (KCC) is to run a pilot allowing consumers to authenticate themselves when making online purchases by tapping their credit card against an NFC smartphone, The Korea Herald reports. “The smartphones can read the personal information,” KCC says. “Credit card firms and credit appraisal firms share the information to prove whether the information is genuine.”
- Apple Pay about to go live in Brazil?
- Brazil to introduce multifunction driver’s licenses that can be read with an NFC phone
- Avis pilots mobile car rental keys
- Trimet to roll out world’s first integration of transit ticketing card with Android Pay
- Kroger grocery stores to accept Chase Pay mobile payments