Apple Pay is “arriving” in Italy with support from Mastercard, Visa, Carrefour Banca, UniCredit and German payment processor Wirecard’s Boon service, Apple’s website says. No timescale for its launch has been revealed, but reports emerged the mobile payments service was heading to Italy last month, after Italian language instructions for Apple Pay were discovered on Apple’s website. The service launched in Ireland earlier this week.
- Contactless transit payments go live in Miami
- Telia tests 5G face recognition payments
- Lojas Americanas opens checkout-free automated convenience stores in Brazil
- Apple rolls out Apple Card, extends 3% cashback offer to third party merchants
- Facebook to partner with banks for WhatsApp payments rollout?