US bank JPMorgan Chase is to acquire the payments technology of US retailer-led consortium MCX to “help expand” the Chase Pay mobile payments service. “Chase executives wanted to acquire the technology to use in lieu of building separate parallel technology to serve non-MCX members,” the bank says. “This will help us get to market faster,” adds Chase Pay’s Jennifer Roberts. MCX was a launch partner of Chase Pay and ended its CurrentC mobile wallet pilot in June 2016.
- Eftpos brings Apple Pay debit payments to Australia with Rambus tokenization technology
- NFC mobile payments users triple in Poland in a year
- Apple Pay to go live in Scandinavia next week?
- Samsung Pay doubles its user base in Korea
- Dejamobile to supply Paris regional transit authority with NFC mobile ticketing technology