US bank JPMorgan Chase is to acquire the payments technology of US retailer-led consortium MCX to “help expand” the Chase Pay mobile payments service. “Chase executives wanted to acquire the technology to use in lieu of building separate parallel technology to serve non-MCX members,” the bank says. “This will help us get to market faster,” adds Chase Pay’s Jennifer Roberts. MCX was a launch partner of Chase Pay and ended its CurrentC mobile wallet pilot in June 2016.
- NXP sets out its vision for the future of NFC payments
- Tesco lets shoppers self-checkout with their mobile phone at new Jack’s discount chain
- Brunei’s largest bank to use Rambus’ Token Service Provider platform to secure mobile payment transactions
- HID Global enables workers to log in with NFC mobile phones
- Costa lets customers make payments with their coffee cups