The Car Connectivity Consortium (CCC) has outlined how technologies such as NFC and Bluetooth can be used for digital car keys in a white paper discussing its Digital Key project — a standardisation effort for digital key adoption. “The guiding principle for using smart devices as car keys is the convenience and ease of use for the consumer,” says the CCC, whose members include General Motors, Volkswagen, Hyundai, Toyota and Honda.
- NXP unveils high security NFC tags that let brands deliver digitally connected products at scale
- Startup tracks fine art provenance using NFC tags and blockchain registry
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch