The Car Connectivity Consortium (CCC) has outlined how technologies such as NFC and Bluetooth can be used for digital car keys in a white paper discussing its Digital Key project — a standardisation effort for digital key adoption. “The guiding principle for using smart devices as car keys is the convenience and ease of use for the consumer,” says the CCC, whose members include General Motors, Volkswagen, Hyundai, Toyota and Honda.
- Apple extends GymKit NFC functionality to additional gym equipment market leaders
- NFC testing disruptor Cilab joins the NFC World Partner Program
- Japanese government to adopt iPhone NFC chip reading for citizen ID
- Imperial College develops NFC tag-based freshness detection system to reduce food waste
- European mobile wallets adopt Alipay QR code format to boost payment interoperability