Gmail users in the US can now send and receive money through the email service’s Android mobile app. “Just tap on the attachment icon and choose whether you want to send or request money,” Google says. “Recipients are able to receive or request money right from the email itself — without having to install another payment app.” The service is already available in the US and UK in Gmail’s web-based client.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes