Starbucks customers in India can now use their phones to pay for orders and earn loyalty program ‘Stars’ following the launch of the Starbucks India app. The prepaid service is being rolled out by Tata Starbucks — a joint venture between the coffee chain and Tata Global Beverages — which claims it is the “first major retailer in India to offer customers a mobile payment option linked to a loyalty program”.
- Boston to introduce NFC and contactless transit ticketing
- UK challenger bank Monzo lets account holders save funds in flexible pots
- Samsung Pay goes live in Mexico
- Issuers to adopt common QR code for payments in Singapore from 2018
- Norwegian banks to form joint venture in bid to combat threat of global tech giants