Starbucks customers in India can now use their phones to pay for orders and earn loyalty program ‘Stars’ following the launch of the Starbucks India app. The prepaid service is being rolled out by Tata Starbucks — a joint venture between the coffee chain and Tata Global Beverages — which claims it is the “first major retailer in India to offer customers a mobile payment option linked to a loyalty program”.
- Shoppers prefer Apple Pay over Walmart Pay
- Manhattan skyscraper secures fire safety system with tamper-evident NFC tags
- NFC mobile payments roll out in Saudi Arabia
- VTB switches on Huawei Pay at retail outlets across Russia
- P2P payments gain acceptance across all US age groups