Fast food giant McDonald’s has begun testing its mobile order and pay service at 29 restaurants in the Californian cities of Monterey and Salinas. “The local pilots are designed to obtain customer feedback and prepare McDonald’s for the national launch of mobile ordering and pay across its 14,000 US restaurants beginning in Q4,” McDonald’s says. The pilot will expand to 51 restaurants in Spokane, Washington later this month.
- Microsoft rebrands wallet as Microsoft Pay
- ICICI Bank partners with Paytm to offer instant loans during checkout
- Apple GymKit with NFC goes live in Australia
- Video shows that children could use Face ID to unlock their parents’ iPhone X
- UK supermarkets to test face recognition for proof-of-age at self-checkout tills