Mobile POS provider Square has blamed a “change we made to one of our back-end systems” for a service outage which affected payments and other services earlier this week. Merchants logged in to Square were advised to “switch to offline mode to continue taking swipe payments”, while those not logged in had to take alternative forms of payment. The company said its merchant authentication service had been “degraded” but has since confirmed “all Square services have been fully restored”.
- Google Pay rolls out Gmail integration that lets users automatically import tickets, coupons and loyalty cards from email
- McDonald’s integrates Alipay mobile payments and rewards into Hong Kong app
- ST webinar explores the potential of Type 5 NFC tags — watch it now
- Queensland rolls out contactless driving licences
- Vietnam tops global growth for mobile payments