Indian mobile wallet provider Paytm has launched in Canada, marking the service’s first expansion outside India. The Paytm Canada app allows consumers to make bill payments and will “soon expand” to add a “full line-up of new use cases”, Paytm says. The company is currently targeting 10m merchants to accept its QR code-based service for in-store payments in India and aims to set up its own payments bank.
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service
- Japanese banks to develop shared customer ID platform
- Nest lets home owners use NFC tags to share access to home security system
- NFC Forum launches tag certification program