China is outpacing the US and Europe in the development of mobile payment technology, according to Apple CEO Tim Cook. “People in the US and Europe get used to credit cards, and merchants in the US are very slow to adopt new terminals that make mobile payment possible,” Cook said during the China Development Forum in Beijing, according to China Daily. “In China, because of the huge number of small businesses, there is a higher willingness to embrace changes.”
- Snapchat opens empty shop that lets customers buy Lego clothing in AR
- Lloyds Bank to pay retailers to offer cash withdrawals to customers
- Delhi Metro to add biometrics to ticketing gates?
- Banco de Mexico to pilot national mobile payments service
- Apple Pay goes live in Saudi Arabia and Czech Republic