Customers at select McDonald’s restaurants across the UK can now order ahead using their mobile phone. “Simply select your nearest participating restaurant, choose your meal and check-in by scanning one of the QR codes at your selected restaurant when you arrive,” the fast food giant says. The service is available in 22 locations across the UK. McDonald’s is also trialling a mobile order and pay service in 29 restaurants in Northern California ahead of a wider US roll out.
- eMarketer: Mobile payments adoption held back by ‘strong contactless card usage’ in Europe
- Korean card companies to launch joint NFC payments service in bid to combat Chinese QR threat
- Wells Fargo puts AI into mobile app to help customers manage their money
- Apple CEO: Mobile payments taking off more slowly than expected
- Microsoft sets out vision for a blockchain-based infrastructure that lets consumers manage their own digital identities