Customers at select McDonald’s restaurants across the UK can now order ahead using their mobile phone. “Simply select your nearest participating restaurant, choose your meal and check-in by scanning one of the QR codes at your selected restaurant when you arrive,” the fast food giant says. The service is available in 22 locations across the UK. McDonald’s is also trialling a mobile order and pay service in 29 restaurants in Northern California ahead of a wider US roll out.
- Australian merchants to accept payments on their mobile phones — with no additional hardware required
- Samsung integrates Hong Kong’s Octopus card into Samsung Pay
- China UnionPay launches mobile wallet app
- Alipay pushes into Hong Kong, India, Thailand and the Philippines with Christmas shopping festival
- Samsung Pay sets its sights on becoming a full service banking wallet