Customers of French banking group Groupe BPCE’s Banque Populaire and Caisse d’Epargne will be able to make host card emulation (HCE) based mobile payments from April through the banks’ mobile banking apps and Paylib, an online payment platform supported by France’s main banks. BNP Paribas also enabled HCE Paylib mobile payments last month, following a launch by Crédit Mutuel Arkéa earlier in February.
- Rambus forecasts omnichannel tokenization and ‘merchant pay’ as key trends for 2018
- Australia’s central bank explores the issue of electronic banknotes
- Gemalto rejects Atos’ bid to acquire it for €4.3bn
- Nordea switches on its open banking platform
- Ford gets patent for smartphone key case