A virtual assistant called Bixby will come preinstalled on a “subset” of applications on Samsung’s upcoming Galaxy S8 flagship smartphone, Samsung has confirmed. “This set will continue to expand over time,” the company says. “Our plan is to eventually release a tool (in SDK) to enable third-party developers to make their applications and services Bixby-enabled easily.” Reports that Bixby will be compatible with Samsung Pay emerged in January 2017. The Galaxy S8 will be unveiled on 29 March.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service