A virtual assistant called Bixby will come preinstalled on a “subset” of applications on Samsung’s upcoming Galaxy S8 flagship smartphone, Samsung has confirmed. “This set will continue to expand over time,” the company says. “Our plan is to eventually release a tool (in SDK) to enable third-party developers to make their applications and services Bixby-enabled easily.” Reports that Bixby will be compatible with Samsung Pay emerged in January 2017. The Galaxy S8 will be unveiled on 29 March.
- Atos offers to acquire Gemalto for €4.3bn
- Men’s Health gives positive review to Gymkit with NFC
- First US gym adds support for Apple Watch NFC pairing with exercise machines
- Australian banks ordered to cut contactless transaction fees
- GfK: Promoting the security of mobile payments could be the key to wider adoption