Mobile POS provider Square has launched in the UK. “Whether you have a traditional brick-and-mortar shop or a mobile or online business, you can use Square Reader to take chip and PIN cards, contactless cards and mobile payments like Apple Pay and Android Pay anywhere you are doing business,” the company writes in a blog post. Square is now available in the UK, US, Canada, Japan and Australia.
- Dollar General lets customers check out on their mobile phones
- National Bank of Canada lets merchants accept contactless payments on their Samsung smartphones
- Google explains how its BiometricPrompt API will work
- UnionPay promotes mobile payments adoption with discounts at merchants around the world
- UK government to use NFC to verify residency status of EU citizens after Brexit