UK bank HSBC and its subsidiary First Direct have become the latest to sign up to Pay by Bank, the mobile payments app developed by VocaLink’s Zapp. The banks join Barclays, Bank of Scotland, Halifax and Lloyds Bank. “This widespread support will usher in a new era of ‘digital debit’ mobile payments,” says Pay by Bank app managing director Rajiv Garodia.
- Mastercard demos payments in augmented reality
- Pay with Google goes live on Android devices
- Apple Pay reaches 20 countries, representing 70% of the world’s card transaction volume
- Amex applies for personalized blockchain rewards patent
- Chase lets customers use their mobile phone to open a bank account