UK bank HSBC and its subsidiary First Direct have become the latest to sign up to Pay by Bank, the mobile payments app developed by VocaLink’s Zapp. The banks join Barclays, Bank of Scotland, Halifax and Lloyds Bank. “This widespread support will usher in a new era of ‘digital debit’ mobile payments,” says Pay by Bank app managing director Rajiv Garodia.
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service
- Charity to roll out contactless donation screens following successful three week pilot
- Google’s mobile payments app has now been installed 100m times
- JCB to pilot biometric payment cards in Japan