Samsung’s new Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus flagship smartphones will be the first on the market to include support for Bluetooth 5.0, The Verge reports. Bluetooth 5 was unveiled in June 2016 and has been designed to “double the speed and quadruple the range” of low energy Bluetooth transmissions. Samsung unveiled its new devices earlier this week.
- Amex applies for personalized blockchain rewards patent
- Chase lets customers use their mobile phone to open a bank account
- Thinfilm raises US$110m to support growth in NFC market
- Facebook Messenger adds PayPal P2P payments
- Mastercard to eliminate signature verification at the point of sale