Mobile payment service Twint has been launched in Switzerland, marking the completion of the merger between PostFinance’s Twint and financial infrastructure operator SIX’s Paymit platforms. “Over the coming weeks, the Swiss banks will make their own Twint apps available independently of one another and link up to the system,” Twint says. “The first bank apps (UBS Twint and ZKB Twint) will be released in April.” The launch was expected in January 2017, but was delayed due to the “complexity of the system”, Finews reports.
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?
- 768m Chinese used WeChat to send a red packet money gift this New Year
- One in four Europeans ready to make payments with a wearable device
- IoTize picks ST NFC chip for plug’n’play IoT connectivity
- Dubai drivers use NFC phones to top up parking purses on contactless transit cards