Some 415,000 cards were registered to Apple Pay two days after it launched in Taiwan in March 2017, the Financial Supervisory Commission has revealed. Taiwan Mobile Payment Co’s (TWMP) T Wallet+ host card emulation (HCE) service — which launched in August 2016 — “pales in comparison at only 33,000,” The China Post reports. “T Wallet+ actually has double the number of partnering banks in comparison with Apple Pay — the former having 14 and the latter seven.”
- STMicroelectronics unveils all-in-one NFC module for wearable payments
- Dejamobile raises €2.5m to expand its technical and commercial teams
- Singapore banks begin rollout of NetsPay NFC and QR mobile wallet
- Apple Pay set to launch in Poland and the Netherlands?
- Eftpos brings Apple Pay debit payments to Australia with Rambus tokenization technology