Samsung Pay is to launch in Ireland later this year, following its expected launch in the UK this summer, according to The Irish Times. “There are no indications which banks will take up the technology,” the newspaper reports. “All the banks are very supportive, but we need to make sure it’s lined up and we have all the partners integrated that we need,” says Samsung’s vice president of mobile for UK and Ireland Conor Pierce.
- JCB expands Apple Pay support to Taiwan
- Apple Pay goes live in Poland with the support of eight banks
- EBA issues opinion on strong customer authentication requirements under PSD2
- Eurosmart reports rise in smartphones with embedded secure elements
- Mastercard unveils smart mirror that lets shoppers make payments in the fitting room