Samsung Pay is to launch in Ireland later this year, following its expected launch in the UK this summer, according to The Irish Times. “There are no indications which banks will take up the technology,” the newspaper reports. “All the banks are very supportive, but we need to make sure it’s lined up and we have all the partners integrated that we need,” says Samsung’s vice president of mobile for UK and Ireland Conor Pierce.
- Apple adds support for Express Card NFC transactions that work even when an iPhone’s battery is almost flat
- Apple updates Core NFC to allow NFC tags to be read without opening an app
- Rambus gets Visa Ready certification for its ecommerce token gateway
- Mobile contactless payment volumes to rise by 30% a year to 2022
- French football club to launch its own cryptocurrency