Samsung Pay is to launch in Ireland later this year, following its expected launch in the UK this summer, according to The Irish Times. “There are no indications which banks will take up the technology,” the newspaper reports. “All the banks are very supportive, but we need to make sure it’s lined up and we have all the partners integrated that we need,” says Samsung’s vice president of mobile for UK and Ireland Conor Pierce.
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works
- Samsung Pay launches in Sweden and the UAE, enters early access in Hong Kong and Switzerland
- bPay contactless wearables enable automatic donations to UK charities
- UK restaurant chains test digital mobile banking receipts tied to customer purchases
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations