LG plans to add facial recognition technology to its LG Pay mobile payments platform, according to The Investor. “After negotiations and a series of tests, the software will likely be deployed in the G6 as early as June when the tech giant is expected to start its mobile payment system LG Pay,” the publication reports. LG Pay was unveiled in March 2017, and will make use of Wireless Magnetic Communication (WMC) technology supplied by Dynamics.
- ABN Amro pilots wearable payments with select customers
- Danske Bank brings Apple Pay to customers in Northern Ireland
- Dankort gets lockscreen mobile payments and Touch ID support
- Punchh brings Apple Pay to restaurant loyalty program
- East London gets local currency built on the blockchain