mPOS provider Square could soon be launching a physical Square Cash debit card, according to Recode. The move would follow the launch of a virtual Square Cash card in December 2016 that lets users make payments using their Square Cash balance anywhere Apple Pay is accepted. “Square may end up incentivising Square Cash users to spend their money at Square brick-and-mortar merchants, since the company would make money from both sides of those transactions,” the publication reports.
- Calling all payment, card and secure credential technology suppliers
- US survey finds growing support for biometrics as a replacement for passwords and PINs
- Samsung and LG to launch low-end smartphones that support their mobile payment services
- Gemalto agrees to be acquired by Thales
- Rambus forecasts omnichannel tokenization and ‘merchant pay’ as key trends for 2018