mPOS provider Square could soon be launching a physical Square Cash debit card, according to Recode. The move would follow the launch of a virtual Square Cash card in December 2016 that lets users make payments using their Square Cash balance anywhere Apple Pay is accepted. “Square may end up incentivising Square Cash users to spend their money at Square brick-and-mortar merchants, since the company would make money from both sides of those transactions,” the publication reports.
- Thinfilm raises US$110m to support growth in NFC market
- Facebook Messenger adds PayPal P2P payments
- Mastercard to eliminate signature verification at the point of sale
- The Clearing House to secure real-time payments system with tokenization
- Visa makes it easier to integrate emerging authentication technologies