mPOS provider Square could soon be launching a physical Square Cash debit card, according to Recode. The move would follow the launch of a virtual Square Cash card in December 2016 that lets users make payments using their Square Cash balance anywhere Apple Pay is accepted. “Square may end up incentivising Square Cash users to spend their money at Square brick-and-mortar merchants, since the company would make money from both sides of those transactions,” the publication reports.
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations
- WeChat Pay and offline mobile payments see “incredibly high” uptake in China
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US
- Singapore banks add in-store QR code payments to mobile apps
- US Bank ties credit card points to mobile payments