mPOS provider Square could soon be launching a physical Square Cash debit card, according to Recode. The move would follow the launch of a virtual Square Cash card in December 2016 that lets users make payments using their Square Cash balance anywhere Apple Pay is accepted. “Square may end up incentivising Square Cash users to spend their money at Square brick-and-mortar merchants, since the company would make money from both sides of those transactions,” the publication reports.
- LG Pay goes live in the US with NFC and mag stripe mobile payments
- East reports on Apple Pay fraud in Europe
- IMF reports on the impact of digital money on banking business models
- PayPal launches its Xoom mobile remittance service in Europe
- Miami-Dade to roll out open loop ticketing in August?