Banks offering Early Warning’s Zelle P2P payments platform processed more than 170m P2P payments in 2016, totalling US$55bn in aggregate transaction value. The network now includes 20 banks and credit unions and is “poised to reach an estimated 85m consumers in the US through the mobile banking apps of its participating institutions,” Early Warning says. The Zelle brand was unveiled in October last year and has been built on the foundation of the ClearXChange network.
- Bank issues primary school kids with NFC smartwatches that let them make payments and track pocket money
- New Little Caesars Reserve-n-Ready service transforms the way customers pick up pizza
- Mobile payment usage ‘remains low’, US debit card study finds
- Report: 2017 Mobile Payment Usage in China
- M-Pesa founder shares lessons learned from ten years of mobile money