Banks offering Early Warning’s Zelle P2P payments platform processed more than 170m P2P payments in 2016, totalling US$55bn in aggregate transaction value. The network now includes 20 banks and credit unions and is “poised to reach an estimated 85m consumers in the US through the mobile banking apps of its participating institutions,” Early Warning says. The Zelle brand was unveiled in October last year and has been built on the foundation of the ClearXChange network.
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones