Customers of US Bank will be offered a high-end credit card from 1 May 2017 that will award them triple points per dollar spent through a mobile payment made using Apple Pay, Android Pay, Samsung Pay or Microsoft Wallet. The US Bank Altitude Reserve Visa Infinite Card has been designed to “put the decision-making in the hands of the consumer,” American Banker reports the bank’s John Steward as saying. Rather than earning points at restaurants, “a customer might choose to earn them at a bike shop they often visit”.
- Dollar General lets customers check out on their mobile phones
- National Bank of Canada lets merchants accept contactless payments on their Samsung smartphones
- Google explains how its BiometricPrompt API will work
- UnionPay promotes mobile payments adoption with discounts at merchants around the world
- UK government to use NFC to verify residency status of EU citizens after Brexit