Customers of US Bank will be offered a high-end credit card from 1 May 2017 that will award them triple points per dollar spent through a mobile payment made using Apple Pay, Android Pay, Samsung Pay or Microsoft Wallet. The US Bank Altitude Reserve Visa Infinite Card has been designed to “put the decision-making in the hands of the consumer,” American Banker reports the bank’s John Steward as saying. Rather than earning points at restaurants, “a customer might choose to earn them at a bike shop they often visit”.
- NXP sets out its vision for the future of NFC payments
- Tesco lets shoppers self-checkout with their mobile phone at new Jack’s discount chain
- Brunei’s largest bank to use Rambus’ Token Service Provider platform to secure mobile payment transactions
- HID Global enables workers to log in with NFC mobile phones
- Costa lets customers make payments with their coffee cups