US consumers made more than one billion Visa chip transactions for the first time in March 2017, an increase of 330% compared to a year previous. “The number of chip-enabled merchant locations in the country reached two million, representing 44% of stores that accept Visa,” Visa says. There are now more than 421m Visa chip cards across the US, representing 58% of all Visa cards.
- Dejamobile to supply Paris regional transit authority with NFC mobile ticketing technology
- Mastercard CEO: Cash is our main competitor
- Seamless considers sale or closure of Seqr mobile payments service
- PayPal to turn Venmo P2P payments app into ‘ubiquitous digital wallet’
- NXP unveils world’s thinnest contactless chip module