US consumers made more than one billion Visa chip transactions for the first time in March 2017, an increase of 330% compared to a year previous. “The number of chip-enabled merchant locations in the country reached two million, representing 44% of stores that accept Visa,” Visa says. There are now more than 421m Visa chip cards across the US, representing 58% of all Visa cards.
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones