Apple is celebrating Earth Day by donating US$1 to the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) whenever a customer makes a purchase in an Apple store using Apple Pay. The promotion will run until April 28. “Note that the donation amount is based on the purchase alone, not how much the purchase is worth,” 9to5mac reports.
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones