PayPal has applied for a prepaid payment instrument (PPI) licence from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to enter the mobile wallet space in the country, according to the Economic Times. “PayPal is interested in getting a wallet licence and has discussed this with some industry associations,” sources told the publication. The move comes as Amazon India gains its payment licence to operate a prepaid wallet in the country.
- Ticketmaster to roll out NFC ticketing for iPhones and Apple Watches ‘later this year’
- Report highlights discrepancies between what technology users want and what they adopt
- Erste Bank adds NFC to its QR mobile payments app
- Alipay and WeChat Pay to support common QR code standard for Japan
- Mexico pilots national NFC and QR mobile payments system