Almost 12m UK consumers aged over 50 are actively using contactless payments today, with one in five doing so up to three times a week, research released by Saga Money reveals. 44% of over 50s use contactless cards at least once a week in London, followed by 42% in the North East, 40% in East Midlands and 33% in Yorkshire. However, 70% of the 10,000 surveyed worry about the security of contactless payments.
- GlobalPlatform releases secure element specs for system-on-chip deployments
- European airlines add support for Google Pay
- Mammut uses NFC to create next generation customer experiences for outdoor sports fans
- Visa seeks product manager for cryptocurrency team
- Xiaomi expands its Mi Pay mobile payments service to India