Almost 12m UK consumers aged over 50 are actively using contactless payments today, with one in five doing so up to three times a week, research released by Saga Money reveals. 44% of over 50s use contactless cards at least once a week in London, followed by 42% in the North East, 40% in East Midlands and 33% in Yorkshire. However, 70% of the 10,000 surveyed worry about the security of contactless payments.
- Ticketmaster to roll out NFC ticketing for iPhones and Apple Watches ‘later this year’
- Report highlights discrepancies between what technology users want and what they adopt
- Erste Bank adds NFC to its QR mobile payments app
- Alipay and WeChat Pay to support common QR code standard for Japan
- Mexico pilots national NFC and QR mobile payments system