Almost 12m UK consumers aged over 50 are actively using contactless payments today, with one in five doing so up to three times a week, research released by Saga Money reveals. 44% of over 50s use contactless cards at least once a week in London, followed by 42% in the North East, 40% in East Midlands and 33% in Yorkshire. However, 70% of the 10,000 surveyed worry about the security of contactless payments.
- Italian rail operator to pilot barrier-free transit ticketing
- XYZ to adopt finger vein payments at co-working cafe
- Manchester reports on open loop contactless ticketing adoption
- EMVCo to support eight-digit Issuer Identification Numbers from 2021
- MTA reports ‘much higher’ than expected Omny contactless transit payments adoption in New York