Almost four in five UK consumers (77%) have concerns about using new payment methods, research released by law firm Paul Hastings reveals, with risk of fraud cited as the main reason by 59%, followed by data security incidents (49%) and risk of theft (45%). 27% of the 2,000 surveyed do not currently use new payment methods today, the research — conducted in association with the Centre for Economics & Business Research (CEBR) and YouGov — finds.
- Garmin Pay expands to three new smartwatches
- Barclays files blockchain funds transfer and KYC patents
- More than half a billion Chinese consumers now use mobile payments
- Mastercard patent proposes combining blockchain with existing payments systems
- Shoppers prefer Apple Pay over Walmart Pay