Visa has developed a custom two-note ‘chirp’, vibration and screen animation that can be triggered whenever a Visa payment is made on a digital device, Bloomberg reports. The aim is to maintain its brand awareness in an era of increasingly digital transactions where the Visa logo will no longer have the prominence it enjoys on today’s plastic cards.
- NXP powers NFC payments in Sony Wena smart watch strap
- Walmart cancelled in-aisle self-checkout project due to high levels of shopper theft
- Kroger launches payments, offers and rewards app for iOS and Android
- Tesco lets customers use Siri to check their bank balance
- CaixaBank rolls out facial recognition ATMs