Apple Pay will go live in Belgium this month, local news service De Tijd reports, eighteen months after Google Pay launched in the country. Initially, Apple Pay will be exclusively available to customers of BNP Paribas Fortis, De Tijd adds. “The other banks can only follow in a few months.”
- Contactless transit payments go live in Miami
- Telia tests 5G face recognition payments
- Lojas Americanas opens checkout-free automated convenience stores in Brazil
- Apple rolls out Apple Card, extends 3% cashback offer to third party merchants
- Facebook to partner with banks for WhatsApp payments rollout?