Apple Pay is on track to be available in more than 40 countries this year, Apple CEO Tim Cook revealed during the launch of the company’s new Apple Card this week. Apple Pay is also on target to surpass 10bn transactions in 2019, Cook added.
- UK upgrades to smart rail tickets, looks to introduce innovative new types of fare
- NatWest Bank begins UK’s first trial of contactless biometric cards
- Vending machine firms to use blockchain ID platform to automate sale of age-restricted items
- PayPal reports 40m Venmo P2P payments users
- Apple Pay goes live in Austria