iPhone 7 details at Apple.
The iPhone 7 will be the first Apple phone to support reading and writing NFC tags when iOS 11 ships in autumn 2017. This will open up new uses for the phone and new opportunities for service providers by enabling advertising, information delivery, pairing and interaction with real world objects.
iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus coverage in NFC World
- Apple makes NFC tag reading available for beta testing
- Apple to enable NFC pairing on HomeKit smart home devices
- NXP issues statement of support for NFC tag reading on Apple devices
- US pharmacy deploys NFC shelf labels for greater product insight
- Apple Pay to add P2P payments to iMessage through iOS 11
- Apple Watch to enhance fitness monitoring using NFC tag reading
- Apple adds support for NFC tags to iPhone 7 and Apple Watch
- Apple Pay goes live in Japan
- Apple targets cashless society
- Apple continues NFC support
- FeliCa NFC technology confirmed for Apple Pay in Japan
- Best Buy discusses Apple Pay, MCX and Chase Pay support