RFID medical sensor specialist Gentag‘s GT-601 phone is aimed at “people who are concerned only with basic voice communication, mobile payments, social networks, and diagnostics using a low-cost mobile wireless device.” The candybar handset is expected to retail at $119 or 89 euros, incorporates an NXP PN544 NFC controller and will go into volume production in 2011.
- Mastercard to make Apple Card technology available to other issuers
- Facebook to roll out GlobalCoin digital currency in ‘a dozen countries’ next year
- iPhone NFC ticketing goes live at Brisbane’s Suncorp Stadium
- India sets out plans for a cash-lite society
- Monese teases Apple Pay launches in 13 European countries