RFID medical sensor specialist Gentag‘s GT-601 phone is aimed at “people who are concerned only with basic voice communication, mobile payments, social networks, and diagnostics using a low-cost mobile wireless device.” The candybar handset is expected to retail at $119 or 89 euros, incorporates an NXP PN544 NFC controller and will go into volume production in 2011.
- Rambus explores five key reasons retailers should have a mobile wallet
- TSB to roll out iris scanning tech
- Wells Fargo wants its ‘Control Tower’ to manage your digital financial life
- Mastercard expands QR payments choice
- Amazon Pay Places lets you pay for real-world shopping using your Amazon info