The Lenovo K800 features NFC and will be the first smartphone to be built around Intel processors. The device, announced at CES 2012 by Intel CEO Paul Otellini and Lenovo senior VP Liu Jun, was released first in China in spring 2012.
- Apple extends GymKit NFC functionality to additional gym equipment market leaders
- NFC testing disruptor Cilab joins the NFC World Partner Program
- Japanese government to adopt iPhone NFC chip reading for citizen ID
- Imperial College develops NFC tag-based freshness detection system to reduce food waste
- European mobile wallets adopt Alipay QR code format to boost payment interoperability